The Shell Helix portfolio is separated into the following categories:
- Designed to meet the requirements of the majority of the OEMs, as well as the most modern industry specifications. Its multi-fuel passenger car motor oils range from fully synthetic motor oils (that are approved and recommended by the world’s leading car makers), to products that meet basic performance specifications.
- The Core range has been rationalised to meet the needs of the majority of customers and covers all tiers of the Shell Helix family including Shell Helix Ultra
ECT – Emissions Compatible Technology:
- The Shell Helix ECT portfolio uses Shell’s emissions-compatible technology to help protect the vehicle’s emissions system. Its low-SAPS (Sulphated Ash, Phosphorous, Sulphur) formulation helps keep diesel particulate filters clean and protects them from ash build-up that can block the exhaust system and lead to reduced engine performance
- These oils are typically suitable for use in a wide range of gasoline and diesel passenger cars fitted with or without a catalytic converter or a particulate filter
- This range is built to meet engine manufacturers’ special requirements that are not met by Core or ECT products.